What’s New in Version 4.01
Current registered users: This program will install side by side with your previous installation and not overwrite it.
For new trial users: There is a 15 day trial period, 2000 line limitation per project converted.
Version 4.01 contains a number of improvements, thanks to the detailed feedback and interaction with many customers.
- Changed conversion of parameterized readonly properties to not have a “get_” prefix.
- Now automatically corrects CS1715 compiler errors, for mismatched types in overridden properties.
- Now automatically corrects CS0217 compiler errors, dealing with issues in converting bitwise operators.
- Now automatically corrects CS1540 compiler errors, regarding accessing base class protected members.
- Improved accuracy of enum conversions, with non-int types.
- Fixed issue of 2015 string interpolation conversions not converting correctly.
- Fixed problem converting multi-line lambda within a constructor call.
- Doubles are converted to ints with Convert.Int32, instead of casts, which can lead to different runtime behavior in C# vs VB.
- Corrected problem of static local variable initialized in multiple lines not converting correctly.
- Corrected issue of converting embedded quotes within multi-line strings (2015).
- Improved accuracy in detecting non-static initializers in class variables to move to a constructor.
- Fixed problem of attributes in enums not being converted.
- Corrector error of temporary generic variables created with the wrong type.
- Improved compiler error correction for CS0152, duplicate case statement in block, which is allowed in VB but not in C#.
- Fixed rare issue of converter hanging in certain circumstances.
- Corrected indentation issue of when formatting properties in C# code.
- Fixed issue converting exponents of literal integers.
- Fixed issue of Linq extension methods not being found in some converted C# projects.
- Added the option of converting Is and IsNothing to ReferenceEquals, which may be necessary if the equals operator is overloaded.
- Guid arguments being initialized to null now convert to default(Guid), rather than null.
- Fixed problem of converting auto-implemented properties named after a C# reserved word.
- Fixed problem of converting auto-implemented properties visibility wrong.
- Fixed issue of CS7027 errors when converting projects with an assembly key file.
- Fixed issue of auto-initializing variables in multi-line lambdas.