What's New in Version 3.00
Current registered users: This
program will install unlocked and not overwrite your
For trial users: There is
a 15 day trial period, 2000
line limitation per project converted.
Click Here to Download
- 2,000 Lines of Code
Supported in the Trial Version
To allow more complete evaluation prior to
purchase, the new trial version supports a
maximum of 2,000 lines of code per project,
instead of the previous 1,100 line limitation.
- Full Visual Studio 2012 support, including
support for the new Await and Async keywords!
You can now convert VB.Net and ASP.Net snippets
without having to convert a full project, using a
Visual Studio like editor.
- Edit VB.Net and C# Code
Directly in the Converter
VB.Net and C# code can be directly edited in
the converter, without having to find the
corresponding lines in Visual Studio. This
is very useful when working a list of issues
which have straightforward fixes, and navigating
between the converter's problems/notes/errors
and their corresponding positions in the Visual
Studio project can be tedious.
A Visual Studio like editor is provided,
complete with syntax highlighting, line numbers,
- Easily Find and Open Most Recently Converted
A potential problem, conversion note, or
compiler error can now be marked as "worked".
This is useful when working a list of items to
correct and you want to keep track of which have
In spite of the more visible changes, most of the focus of version
3.00 has been on conversion accuracy. There are too many
to list, but some of the improvements are:
- Multiple accuracy improvements in VS
2008 and 2010 projects
- Improved accuracy in automatically
detecting the Visual Studio version of a
- Fixed problem converting custom events.
- Fixed error converting events in
interfaces which have attributes.
- Corrected error where mismatched casing
in namespace lines wasn't being detected.
- Improved accuracy of detecting whether
to convert a VB.Net "=" to a C# "=" or "==".
- Fixed error converting some dllimport
- Fixed mismatched casing detection in
labels / goto statements (prevent CS0159
- Cleaner conversion of ByRef arguments.
- Improved Case statement conversions.
- Fixed CLSCompliance issues (CS3008,
- Corrected errors converting iif
statements which contained a type
- Fixed problem with autoimplemented
properties in VB2010.
- Corrected error when converting a For
Each loop control variable of
- Fixed error converting some methods
which implemented interface methods.
- Corrected problem converting identifiers
where the non-first term ended in a special
character, such as $.
- Improved handling of CS0171, CS0571, and
CS1620 C# compiler errors.
- Plus many more...
- The Conversion Test - Over
1000 New Projects Added:
This release was
tested on 8,156 projects, containing over 5
million lines of VB.Net code. All projects
converted without C# compiler errors.
See information on prior