What’s New in Version 2.31
Current registered users: This program will install unlocked and not overwrite your previous installation.
For trial users: There is a 15 day trial period, 1100 line limitation per project converted.
Release 2.31 contains many exciting new features and improvements in accuracy:
- All the reports have been rewritten and are now exportable in over a dozen different formats, including PDF, Word, Excel, CSV, Html, PowerPoint, etc.
- Late binding is now being detected. Late binding is supported in VB.Net, but not in C#.
- Performance improvements – approximately 30% improvement in conversion speed.
Improvements when converting older, upgraded VB6 -> VB.Net programs:
- Improved accuracy when converting assignments to function names for return values, common in upgraded VB6 programs.
- The converter now warns on late binding, which is common in VB6 upgraded projects.
- Improved accuracy in programs which use COM references, specifically resulting in C# compiler error CS1705 CS1545, and CS1546.
Improvements when converting newer VB.Net projects:
- Improved conversions of complex With statements.
- Fixed rare error when converting classes with multiple generic constraints.
- Fixed bug with complex If statements and implicit line continuation (2010).
- System.Drawing.Size is now initialized to Size.Empty if initialized to Nothing in VB.Net.
- Fixed problem when converting complex inheritance scenarios.
- Corrected rare error in VB2008 projects when converting strings which contained LINQ statements.
- Many other items fixed or accuracy improved – too numerous to list.
Over 100 new projects added to the test:
- This release was tested on 5,710 projects, producing over 4 million lines of C# code. All projects converted without C# compiler errors.